Friday, 18 September 2009

Nothing's going to touch you in these golden years

So, last night two of my very best friends in the world left.
For two totally distinct, diverse and most significantly, different cities.
And as much as I'm sure their going will be this exciting and incredible adventure for them, its pretty hard to see the benefits of that when its half one in the morning and you have this sobbing mess of a girl wrapped up in a very 'Switchblade Sisters' group hug, that most probably smells slightly of cider, because she can't quite bare to say goodbye.
Now's probably not the right time to rationally process and deal with all these feelings fluttering under my ribcage, because I've just worked a twelve hour shift, its now very, very late and my feet won't stop aching. But I've never really been one for logical cognitive thought processes.
I'm just horribly sad. And I really don't think there's anything wrong with that, because it's gruelling getting on board with the fact that the people I love vast, indefinite amounts will be scattered across the country, and not merely a quick bus ride away from me. But it's not a heavy oppressive kind of sad, its more nostalgic and a little nervous.

Playlist for 20.09.09
♥ David Bowie -Golden Years
♥ Alphaville - Forever Young
♥ Green Day - Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
♥ Frank Turner - You Are My Sunshine
♥ Metric -Gimme Sympathy
♥ Brand New - Soco Amaretto Lime

No comments:

Post a Comment